function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aniruddha.ManakeshwarAniruddha.Manakeshwar 

need help to get an Asset list on Contact for an Account.

Hello team,  

i want to get an Assset on my Contact. I have Accounts and for Accounts i have contacts associated with it. Assets are associated with Accounts, i have been asked to get asset as read only on Contact for an Account.

for Ex: I have an Account DHL, and for this Account i have contact as Mr. Will, now for DHL Account i have products as Product 1, product 2. Now i want to get these product (Asset ) list on my Contact layout of Mr. Will.

Can somebody please help me, how to get the list of an Assets on Contact who are associated with Account.

Relationship are below:-

Account  -->Asset

Account ---> Contact

do we need to create relationship between Contact and Asset. ( I want to fetch Assets on Contact which is associated with Account)

Contact --> Asset (Asset on an Account, on which Contact is associated with)  

Thanks in advance.

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

You would need to create a lookup between Contact and Asset, or you could create a VF page and insert that into the Contact page layout with that info.

-Andy

Aniruddha.ManakeshwarAniruddha.Manakeshwar

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I already have the lookup on Asset for Contacts.  When i add Asset related List on standard layout of Contact it doesn't populate me the List of an Assets. What i need here is Contact is associated with Account and Account has Assets, So i need to get the list of related Assets on Accounts for the contact page.

For Ex. I have Account acc1, Contact on acc1 is cont1, and i have 2 assets for acc1 account. When i go to cont1 page, i need to get list of assets of acc1.

Through configuring i think it is not possible, just finding programatric way to do it now? 

Please suggest.