function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RejonesRejones 

Opportunity Hidden field criteria

I have 2 fields on my opportunity page called Incentive Offer (Picklist-Yes -No) and Justification (Text Field)  I want these fields hidden from the page unless the amount field is equal to or greater then 30,000.  The amount field is a formula field that gets calculated based on several other fields.  It is auto Populated.

Salesforce is telling me this can not be done.  Is there anyone who knows or has and idea for a work around?

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Why do you need to "hide" the fields?  You can't do that with a Formula, for that you'd need VisualForce

RejonesRejones

Because we dont wan the sales team to be able to select the incentive offer unless the opportunity reaches 30K or more.  Once they select Yes or No in the Incentive offer field it triggers some approval processes.   And we dont want the approvers to get bombarded with approval request that dont make any since.

RejonesRejones

I didnt pay attention at first to who this was how the heck are you and family

Hi Renee,

Things are going okay (MillieMo will be 2 next month!), how are you guys doing? 

Okay so you've got 2 options:  VisualForce (VF) or Validation Rule (VR)

I can't help you with VF, but I can write a VR that will block users from picking this fields if the deal doesn't meet your minimum requirements.

RejonesRejones

We are doing great just hanging out at Lake every chance we get.  2 year old already they grow up so fast enjoy every minute while they are little.  My 19 year old sister in law is about to drive us crazy.  Give Milllie a big hug for me and a Happy Birthday.

Lets try a validation rule first that may work.  Can you help me wiht the formula I think it would start something like this I just need the rest of it ,but you know me a formulas.  

AND(
Paycard_Monthly_SOV__c >=30000, 

Okay I would go with 2 VR's one that prevents users from entering then < $30K and another that makes them required at >= $30K

AND(
Paycard_Monthly_SOV__c < 30000,
NOT(ISBLANK(TEXT(Incentive_Offer__c))),
NOT(ISBLANK(Justification__c))) 

AND(
Paycard_Monthly_SOV__c >=30000,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Incentive_Offer__c)),
ISBLANK(Justification__c)) 

RejonesRejones

i built those 2 already the problem is the users still have the ability to edit the Incentive Field and Justification field on the less then 30K and I need to grey the fields out as read only unless the opportunity is over 30K. 

For that you need VF and i can't help you there.  The only other thing you could try (if you're on EE or UE) is a workflow rule and custom record types and page layouts. 

RejonesRejones

Ok thank you for your help.  Have a great weekend good to hear from you.