function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
uptime_andrewuptime_andrew 

New "Quote" Object - Not Visible in Schema via Eclipse

Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom class for an extension for the Quote object.  When I refresh my schema in Eclipse, the Quote object does not appear (does it have some other name in the API??).

I'm using API version 16 - is this something that will only be visible through an later API version?  And if so, why?

AT

paul-lmipaul-lmi
once the spring IDE is released, you'll be good to go.
ReidCReidC

Hello, I don't have a great answer for "why" but I can confirm that the "Quote" standard object as well as "QuoteDocument" and "QuoteLineItem" appears when you are working with v18 and have enabled Quotes.  I have seen similar behavior w/r/t v16 and other new objects.  You can test by signing up for a new DE, enabling Quotes in it, and then querying the partner API using a describe global or similar call.

Hope that helps.

uptime_andrewuptime_andrew

Thanks guys;  my preferred development environment is Eclipse, so it looks like I just have to wait for the new IDE to be released.

I just found it odd that the new object is not available via the older API;  I assume there is something significantly different with the object or its relationships that make it unavailable to view in the schema tool.

AT

tziemanntziemann
Quotes is only available in v17 and v18.  You'll need to wait till the IDE is updated to see v18 in Eclipse.  You should be able to access v17 in Eclipse, but there will be fields missing.
JonPJonP

The latest Force.com IDE is v16, so you'll have to wait until v18 is released to use the Quotes object in Eclipse.

The Force.com IDE v18 will be released some time after all the instances are upgraded to Spring '10.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager