function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DB12345DB12345 

Editing Buttons Used With Standard Controller

I created a custom button for the Cases object called "New Warranty Case". It creates a new case using a particular Case record type. I'd like to create a Visualforce page with the standard Case controller that displays this new button instead of the standard New button to create a case (I want to remove the standard New button). Can I modify the buttons if I use a standard controller?

This is what I have so far:

<apex:page standardController="Case" tabStyle="Warranty_Cases__tab" >

<apex:outputPanel style="margin-bottom: 5px" layout="block" >
      <apex:outputLink target="_top" value="/apex/Warranty_Cases?listId=00B70000006ptA8">Open Warranty Cases</apex:outputLink>
        &nbsp;|&nbsp;
      <apex:outputLink target="_top" value="/apex/Warranty_Cases?listId=00B70000006pt9f">Closed Warranty Cases</apex:outputLink>
        &nbsp;|&nbsp;
      <apex:outputLink target="_top" value="/apex/Warranty_Cases?listId=00B70000006pt9o">All Warranty Cases</apex:outputLink>
  </apex:outputPanel>

<apex:outputPanel id="listContainer" layout="block">
        <apex:enhancedList listId="{!IF(ISNULL($Request.listId),'00B70000006pt9o',$Request.listId)}" customizable="false" height="300"/>
  </apex:outputPanel>
</apex:page>

Name
Version
Namespace
Type
Salesforce.com API17.0 Salesforce.com API

kirrankirran

you can do this by overriding the new button...
for this
set up--> customize--> cases---> buttons and links--> select new button -->Edit-->select a radio button visualforce page..
--->select which vf page..

that new button will performs visualforce functionality..

for any other information feel free to contact us:
DSKVAP Developer's Team,
DSKVAP TECHNOLOGIES,
Email:kumar77@dskvap.com

JPlayEHRJPlayEHR

What about the new buttons on the Case tab's list view?  Is there a way to remove/replace those because overriding the new button works fine on the record page layout, but doesn't seem to work on the listview (the view that appears when you click on the object tab)

DB12345DB12345

Unfortunately, Kirran, that will over-ride the New button for regular cases as well as my new visualforce page. I want to delete the New button just on the new page Warranty Cases visualforce page.