function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
raj161raj161 

Data migration from one salesforce org to other.

Hi, I am trying to migrate the data from one salesforce org to other.

I am having hard time migrating the Leads object. Unconverted leads are moved easily but the I am having hardtime moving the converted leads. When I am trying to insert the converted leads I am getting an error as "Converted Account empty for a converted Lead: Converted Account ID".

Could some one specify the process of migrating converted lead records from one salesforce instance to other.

Thanks in advance

Raj

JimRaeJimRae

You would need to migrate any of the accounts that got created for the conversion first, then the leads would go.

Or if you are migrating everything, make sure you migrate the accounts first.  If you are using the loader, your accounts in the new org would have different id's than the source org, so you would need to update your migration file with the new accountids so they would match correctly.

This is true for every object you migrate, you need to be very careful what order you move the data in, and that you update any relationship fields with the new ID value so the relationship stays intact.

raj161raj161

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. But I tried to insert a test lead by specifiing an existing account in the system. 

The test lead has:

IsConverted = True

ConvertedAccountID = 0017000000WygcGAAR

This is the ID from current instance of salesforce but not from other instance.

Thanks

Raj

JimRaeJimRae
Not sure what to tell you, that should work.
raj161raj161

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the trouble.

Do I need to change any permissions as specified in this posting for this functionality to happen.

Thanks

Raj

JimRaeJimRae

I was not aware of that constraint.  Actually, in my experience we did not move the leads, so we did not run into that issue. 

Sorry, you may want to talk to support about this issue.

JotmenowJotmenow

Raj,

Were you able to fix data migration of converted leads?

Ajay