function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WrogWrogWrogWrog 

Is there something different about synchronizing Eclipse with email folders?

I have been using Eclipse for a year or so, creating triggers etc and deploying them with no problem. I also make changes in the sandbox and synch them with my Eclipse environment, again no problem.... until now.

No matter what I do, I can't get the "Email" node to pull in the new folders and/or new email I created in the sandbox, either by Synch, or refresh from server etc.

I try so hard to make mods in the Sandbox and deploy them properly (it's all to easy to hack straight into the live system), but this time it seems I may actually have to edit the two in parallel.

Unless someone out there can help.......

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
paul-lmipaul-lmi
when you add this, it doesn't say "subscribe to new updates" like the other subscribable elements.  the metadata doesn't support it, so there's little point in actually managing this in eclipse on a regular basis.  email templates themselves aren't supported for updates either, i think.

All Answers

paul-lmipaul-lmi
when you add this, it doesn't say "subscribe to new updates" like the other subscribable elements.  the metadata doesn't support it, so there's little point in actually managing this in eclipse on a regular basis.  email templates themselves aren't supported for updates either, i think.
This was selected as the best answer
WrogWrogWrogWrog

I hear what you say - there are certain items in Eclipse that add little value. However, I have the whole thing covered by MS Visual Source Safe, just in case, and it is a useful way of keeping my own backup and development history. The primary reason for including emails in Eclipse is to allow me to develop them in the sand box, then deploy them to the live Org, keeping my Sandbox totally complete. Seems sensible to me....

If I still have your attention, and you seem to know the IDE, can you tell me where the links between record types and dependent picklists is held? It doesn't seem to be in the Object, where I would have expected it to be - deployed a new record type and associated layouts etc, but the picklist dependencies are missing.