function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lisallisal 

Lead Record Created Date Formula Field

Hi There - I'm wondering if someone can help.... I'm trying to create a formula field that shows the Month and Year of the Lead Created Date.  For example, if a Lead was created  on 1/11/2009, I want the formula field to show January 09.  I contacted SFDC support but they can't help with formulas.  I tried to create different formulas but I kept getting sytax errors.  Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

JTSFDCJTSFDC

Happy to help.  I dont know if this is the best possible solution but given the functionality of the formula fields without APEX this is the best solution I could come up with on the fly:

Step 1: Create a Formula Field (output: Date) to Extract Only the Date from the Created Date & Time field.  Name it "Lead Create Date"

Use this formula: DATEVALUE( CreatedDate )

Step 2: Create a second Formula Field (output: Text) to Extract the Month Created from your New Lead Create Date Field - Name it "Lead Create Month".

Use this formula:

CASE( MONTH( Lead_Create_Date__c ), 1, "January", 2, "February", 3, "March", 4, "April", 5, "May", 6, "June", 7, "July", 8, "August", 9, "September", 10, "October", 11, "November", 12, "December", "None" )

Step 3: Create a third Formula Field (output: Number) to Extract the Year from the New Lead Create Date Field - Name it "Lead Create Year".

Use this Formula: YEAR( Lead_Create_Date__c )

Step 4: Tie it all together with this last Formula Field (output: Text) to put it in the Format you wanted...Name it what you wish.

Use this Formula:

Lead_Create_Month__c & " " & TEXT( Lead_Create_Year__c )

Be sure to take everything but your last field off of page layouts, you should now have a final field that will display the Date of lead Creation in the format (April 2009) for example.

There may be better ways to tie this all together in fewer formulas but it will work.

Hope this helps!

Jason - ClosedWon

Certified Administrator

Registered Consulting Partner

Message Edited by CW_Jason on 04-15-2009 10:54 AM
Message Edited by CW_Jason on 04-15-2009 10:55 AM
Kevin StrangeKevin Strange
Step1 does not work within the Lead Object.

User-added image