function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gailhgailh 

Validation Rule on Account Name

We would like to have a field called "Proper Account Name" and "Account Site" that then validates to become the Account Name so that we can easily select the correct account in searches and lead conversion (for instance, we might have 2 branches of 1 bank with the proper name being the bank name and the site being the branch name so Account Name would be "Bank Name - Branch Name").

I've set that up with a validation rule no problem but now the issue is making "Account Name" read only (or hidden). So far, the only solution I can come up with is create a VisualForce page that has account name hidden and defaulting to anything (e.g. just "x" as the name will be updated upon saving). Don't know how to do the default value but have posted in the developer community about that.

My question is, is there an easier way to tackle this problem? The issue is, we will have many accounts with the same name and would like to have the proper name for mail merges and the name/site for searches with the least amount of data entry and manual rule adherance required by our users.

gailhgailh
woops - when I started out, Site was hidden so I didn't see that it is shown when converting leads. No need for this at all!