function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ThehereticTheheretic 

Custom Email Field = Default Email

I have created some custom email fields in Salesforce. Now when I try to email them using the email button and a template the system can't find an email for them. I searched but can't find a way around. Tech support wasn't any help at all.

Can I change the default email address to a new custom one?

pbreitpbreit

The only thing I can think of is creating a Custom Button and putting something like this into the text box. This sets up an email to reply to a case but you can use the same technique for other emails. There's unfortunately not much documentation on this powerful feature. You should be able to "Insert Merge Field" of one of your custom email addresses.

If you Google "salesforce EmailAuthor" you'll find a lot of random information about the technique. It's a shame Salesforce implemented this in such a confusing manner and doesn't document it very well, if at all. 

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}&rtype=003&template_id=00X70000000pITM&p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&p2={!Case.Name__c}&p24={!Case.SuppliedEmail}&p5= bcc@mysite.com&p6=My%20Case%20%23{!Case.CaseNumber}:%20{!Case.Subject}&p26=form@mysite.com