function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DKSilviaDKSilvia 

Create New Case

I am trying to find a way of making a custom tab that is simply a starting point for my support department.  They have been having some trouble logging calls and making sure we have good contact information for customers.

This new tab will have fields for:

-Caller Name (Contact Lookup)

-Company (Account)

-Date/Time Called

-Existing Case (if applicable)

Nothing taxing there, I can do all that with the limited knowledge I already have, what I want it to do is then have three buttons to continue:

1 - A "Create New Case" button that will open a new case and populate the caller name as the contact.

2 - A "Go to Case" button that will open the case, preferrably in the edit mode.

3 - A "Go to Account" button that will open the account if the customer doesn't remember their case number.

Is this simple to do?  I've never dealt with buttons before, and I'm not REALLY familiar with the SF programming languages...I mostly stick to custom fields so far, and even those are limited in their actual programming.  Any help is appreciated.

(Also, if there's already an app I couldn't find that does this, I'd probably be willing to go that route if I had to, but I'm more interested in learning the programming to help out in the future.)