function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shan2525Shan2525 

Opportunity Stage Change based on Close Date

I am trying to create a rule the opportunities based on the age of the close date and I am not having much success.  I am trying to put the following rule in place: 

"If the CLOSE DATE is greater than 1 year in the past than the STAGE field changes to "Opportunity Closed/Lost"".

Any suggestions?

JakesterJakester

Hi Shan,

Are you looking for a mechanism that will monitor for opportunities with close dates more than a year old and then set those to Closed/Lost? So, for example, if there's an open oppty with a close date of 6/4/08 then tomorrow it would automatically get set to Closed/Lost? If so, there's no validation rule or even workflow rule that can do this. You could, however, easily run a daily (or weekly or monthly) report that would show you all year+ oppties that haven't been set to closed/lost, which is what I'd recommend.

Shan2525Shan2525

Jake,

Thank you for your response.  I had run that report and came up with 730 opportunities that were left open over the past years, I was hoping to not have to close them all manually.  Since I was not able to determine an automated solution within sf.com I went ahead and hired a temp to perfrom the manual cleanup process.  Moving forward I will be running and cleaning up that report on a monthly basis.

Thank you,

Shannon

JakesterJakester
You probably could have used the sforce connector to batch-close these, but I'm glad you got it done either way :-)
alvatsealvatse
Or for any mass data update, data loader works very well too.