function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rcorrearcorrea 

Reporting On Cases

Hi Everyone - new to Reporting, but not new to SFDC. It's probably fairly easy, but haven't found any documentation on it yet.

We have set up some queues, and based on case assignment rules, some cases will be owned by a queue at some point during a time period. For this example it would be yesterday. What type of report (lifecycle, history) and filter would I need, to create a list report of cases that were owned by a Queue for yesterday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

JakesterJakester

"report of cases that were owned by a Queue for yesterday"

Eh? You want to run a report today to show all cases that were owned by a queue yesterday? Can you give some examples? What if the case was owned by a person at the start of the day, then owned by the queue for a while in the middle of the day, but then owned by a person in the afternoon? Would it show up on your report? 

rcorrearcorrea
Exactly! . Case gets created, and based on assignment rules, it gets assigned to a queue. After it's in the queue, it gets assigned to someone else to work the case. Now because the case was owned by the queue at some point during the day, I would expect to see that on the report, once.
JakesterJakester
Ok, then assuming you have Enterprise Edition or higher, I'd recommend a workflow rule that fires when the owner changes to the Queue and have it set a "Last Date Owned by Queue" field (that you'd first create) to Today's date. Then run the report to show all cases with a Last Date Owned by Queue >= yesterday.
rcorrearcorrea

Possibility. We roll out Friday with about 400 users, so I'm trying to not have to customize any more. Any out of the box solutions using any of the Report Types or Filters?...I'm going to also need to count how many cases a particular queue owned for a date range, and a case could potentially be owned by the same queue more than once in a day (potentially). Would your solution work for that type of report?

JakesterJakester
It would work if it got assigned to the same queue more than once.
alvatsealvatse
Have you looked into running a 'Case History' report under 'Customer Support Reports' category? Look for Field / Event = Case Owner and = your queue name and filter by date? I only looked at this report type briefly but thought you can give it a try.