function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JillWJillW 

Is there such a thing as an embedded spreadsheet or table?

Hello,

What I need is something like a multi-select picklist, only instead of just picking the name(s) of the assays, I need to be able to select (or enter) the name of the assay and add the number of assays that the customer uses.

I'm picturing something like a spreadsheet. I don't see that option in the datatypes. Is there a quick way to add or create one? I'm on a very tight deadline. (I have three hours to come up with a solution.)

Edited to add: A table might work, too. Or anything where I can have two different fields per item.

Message Edited by JillW on 06-11-2009 09:50 AM
Message Edited by JillW on 06-11-2009 10:50 AM
Steve :-/Steve :-/

I think a custom (child) object and related list might be an option. 

We did something similar here where we needed to track internal resources (personel) allocated to accounts and oppotunities.  I created contact records for all of our support people, and a connector object that allowed users to link and track as many resources to an account or opportunity as needed.  It also allowed us to display additional information for each line item (resource) like contact info, phone, email, role/status, etc... 

Message Edited by Stevemo on 06-11-2009 02:19 PM
JillWJillW
Another possibility is for me to add a 'save & add new' button to the Asset object. Can anybody tell me how to do that?
JillWJillW
I've created a custom object, but I need to make it so the users can enter more than one item at a time without saving and going back to the parent object.
Is the "Clone" button visible when they create/save the first child object?

What kind of relationship does the child have to the parent object? Is it a Master-Detail, or just a Lookup?  

If it's a Master-Detail then the Save&Add button should be visible

JillWJillW
Ah, I thought I'd made it a parent-child, but it was just a lookup. Thanks, now I have the 'save and add new' button. Maybe that will work.