function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JJenkinsJJenkins 

Validation Rule in Leads

I'm trying to create a validation rule in the leads section that goes like this:

If the "Division" field (picklist) equals "this text" and the "lead status" (picklist) is equal or greater than "Qualified" then the "Product" field (picklist) is required.

Here is what I have so far

AND (ISPICKVAL (Division__c, "TEXT"), ( ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified, Top Qualified")), ISNULL ( SM_Product__c ))

I am getting the error of "Field SM_Product is a picklist field and cannot support "ISNULL"

Any help is appreciated.  I am using P/E if that helps.

Thanks,

Message Edited by JJenkins on 06-16-2009 10:46 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/
Give this one a shot

AND((ISPICKVAL( Division__c , "Staff Management")), AND(OR (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified"), (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Top Qualified")))), AND(ISPICKVAL( SM_Product__c ,"")))

All Answers

I'm pretty sure that for picklist fields you have to use "" instead of ISNULL 

Just an FYI, when you're posting code here you should use the [c] clipboard in the Editor, so you don't end up with a bunch of emoticons in your code.  

JJenkinsJJenkins

Thanks for letting me know how to post code without smileys.

here is where I'm at now and it is saying i have an Extra start parenthesis

AND (ISPICKVAL (Division__c, "VALUE")) && ( ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified, Top Qualified")) && "" (" SM_Product__c" )

I don't think you can use ISNULL if your SM_Product_c field is a picklist, I think you need to change it to :

ISPICKVAL( SM_Product__c ,"")

Also, I'm not sure about using && in your formula instean of the literal AND/OR statements
and I think you need to evaluate your Status field in seperate ISPICKVAL statements too

ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified"),ISPICKVAL (Status, "Top Qualified")

Message Edited by Stevemo on 06-16-2009 02:14 PM
JJenkinsJJenkins

We're getting close Stevemo - I can feel it.

thanks for all your help with this

AND (ISPICKVAL (Division__c, "Staff Management")) (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified")), (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Top Qualified")) AND (ISPICKVAL( SM_Product__c ,""))

With the code above it is saying i have one to many left parenthesis

Give this one a shot

AND((ISPICKVAL( Division__c , "Staff Management")), AND(OR (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified"), (ISPICKVAL (Status, "Top Qualified")))), AND(ISPICKVAL( SM_Product__c ,"")))

This was selected as the best answer
JJenkinsJJenkins

you're brilliant!

thanks

wait'll you get my bill...
JakesterJakester
Stevemo nails another one! Great job. BTW, they did enable the && and || syntax recently - I think it was in Winter '09.

Thanks for the tip Jakester, I didn't know about the change to SF Formula Language

S:-/