function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
springerwaspringerwa 

Populate Picklist with Account names?

I have a custom field on the Account Level that will allow you to type in the name of another Account record this one is "associated" with.  While it is not a Parent/Child record, it is an association between these two Accounts that we need to track.  There will only be one "association" so I am not worried about multiples.  Of course the users don't want to type in the names of Accounts that are already in there, they would like a lookup.  I know I cannot have a lookup on a custom field on Account TO the Account again - but I would like to somehow make the custom field a picklist that shows all the current accounts (and updates dynamically as new Accounts are added) and let the user choose the appropriate one. 

Can someone out there point me in the right direction?  

marie.tournemarie.tourne

Actually, you can add a custom lookup lookup field on Account object to Account object.

Maybe as an alternate solution you could also use Partner relation which enables you to link two account with a role : for example on an account A you can specify that account B is distributor of A. (you can link several accounts through partner relation).