function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gina199Gina199 

I am trying to build a workflow rule that will populate a field

I am trying to build a workflow rule that will populate a field (church affiliation) with the organization name IF the contact is attached to an organization whose name contains "Church".  This is the what I have:

In the rule criteria - Account.Name contains Church

Immediate workflow rule:

Field to Update: Church affiliation

Formula: IF (CONTAINS(Account.Name,"Church" ),Account.Name, NULL)

Why doesn't the field Church Affiliation populate with the organization name when an organization contains (case sensitive) Church?  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for ANY help!

Gina

Kent ManningKent Manning

Hi Gina199,

I have two thoughts on this.  One, when you use a workflow rule the field will not change until after the record is saved. So check to see if it is changing after the record is saved.

My second comment is, what do you have set as the workflow trigger?  Is it set to:

1) When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria,

2)Only when a record is created, or

3)Every time a record is created or edited

Depending on which of these choices you have selected, the workflow rule may or may not be firing.  Check this setting and see if that is why the Church Affiliation is not populating.  Otherwise I think your formula is fine.

Gina199Gina199

Thanks.  When I went in to check the workflow, I realized that I didn't activate the workflow rule.  So my code was alright, just not turned on.

Kent ManningKent Manning
Yeah, that has caught me too. Something so simple.  Glad that you got it going.