function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jmiller9jmiller9 

Lead Scoring and Campaign Count

Currently my organization is using PE. I am trying to develop a lead scoring system and want to figure out how I can total or count the number of campaigns a lead responds to. We have leads that will responded to more than one campaign but I don't know a way to include this information.

Is it possible to create a formula field that can total # of campaigns responded to in PE? Thanks for any assistance!

Respectfully, 

Jared

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jkucerajkucera

btw-per the original inquiry, my app below will allow you to create 1 rule to achieve what you're looking for:

• Create an active Campaign Member Rule
  • Field name = Responded
  • Operator =Equals
  • Value = "Checked" / True
  • Points = 1

Then every campaign member for that lead where Responded = True increments Campaign Score by 1.

All Answers

EGA FuturaEGA Futura
Maybe you need to chose a tool like www.salesfusion.com or genious.com
TheBootTheBoot

Hey Jared,

Did you make any progress on this?  I am working on a similar project right now.  I'd love to hear what you have fond since your first post.

@forcedotmom 

MariadawnpMariadawnp

I know you can easily use marketing automation to achieve what you are trying to do.  Check out the appexchange for lots of options - marketo, eloqua, etc. 

TheBootTheBoot
I think we are looking to see what kind of marketing automation we can do using native Salesforce.com functionality rather than having to look to an ISV.  Those marketing automation solutions are great, but not everyone has a budget for them.
jkucerajkucera

I just launched a free Lead Scoring app on the AppExchange to do basic behavior + demographic scoring.  

Scales to hundreds of rules and uses point & click criteria to create new rules (no admin needed).

It won't do scoring based on web tracking, email open triggers, or decrease score over time, so think of marketing automation partners for more advanced needs.

App w/ test drive + instructions here:  

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000024tT3EAI 

jkucerajkucera

btw-per the original inquiry, my app below will allow you to create 1 rule to achieve what you're looking for:

• Create an active Campaign Member Rule
  • Field name = Responded
  • Operator =Equals
  • Value = "Checked" / True
  • Points = 1

Then every campaign member for that lead where Responded = True increments Campaign Score by 1.

This was selected as the best answer
rpr2rpr2

@John Kucera,

I would like to install the pkg that you posted, as it looks very useful.  Unfortunately, I can not because I am getting a message that the install is failing due to being at the limit of my edition's limit of tabs.  Since this is a managed native app it should not count towards my app or tab limits. 

I have run into this situation with other apps and the author was able to get the app configured to allow this.  I don't know the specifics of exactly what was done but one of the people who did this was the author of the pkg Security Health Check which is a Force.com Labs app, if you want to check with him.

jkucerajkucera

Thanks for alerting me to the issue - I have worked with the packaging product manager to remove the app from tab & custom object limits.

Use the AppExchange link instead as it will be the most current with any bug fixes (if found) and feature enhancements.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000024tT3EAI

Message Edited by jkucera on 03-17-2010 03:33 PM
rpr2rpr2

@John,

I finally got around to installing this and so far it is working great!  Did a couple of initial basic rules just to get going. 

I did find one area in the configuration instructions where I needed to make some slight adjustments.

Step 4 (creating the optional Lead Grade field) would not work for me as documented.  I needed to change the field type to Text instead of Number.  I also needed to modify the sample formula to reference the field as leadScoring__Total_Lead_Score__c instead of Total_Lead_Score__c.  So, the sample formula became:

if(leadScoring__Total_Lead_Score__c<30,"C",if(leadScoring__Total_Lead_Score__c<50,"B","A"))

Rhonda

jkucerajkucera

Thanks Rhonda!  I've uploaded a corrected pdf for Step 4.

david_navigator_david_navigator_

I've been playing with this app and it's seems to be great. One question though, why does it not allow scoring from a Lookup Datatype Field ?

jkucerajkucera

I decided to not allow Lookup fields as criteria as including them would have cut the max # rules from 200 & 450 to ~50 and 110 respectively for Lead & Campaign Memeber rules.

I didn't think many customers would want to create a rule specifically for certain lookups and thought most would value the higher limits more than lookup rules.

What lookup are you looking to score?

rpr2rpr2

This rule works great for leads, but I wish it also works for contacts, but it doesn't seem to.  What seems to be happening is that if the contact started off as a lead and was in several campaigns and then got converted to a contact, a campaign score will be displayed on the contact record.  However, if the contact gets added to more campaigns, the number will no longer increment.  In our business, we have contacts who are in campaigns much more so than leads in campaigns due to how we use those two objects in our processes.

jkucerajkucera

I've debated adding on support for Contact scoring. 

What would you do with the scores?  Would you prioritize different campaigns to high scoring contacts?  Would it drive additional opportunity creation?

SandieSandie

@jkucera,

I want to use this app as it fits most of our business needs. However, we have built in validation rules on lead object. When I deployed the App in one of our lower environment and ran all tests, overall test coverage is coming to less than 75% due to existing validations. Currently, we don't have any other codes in the applications. I am wondering -

1) Would I be able to install the app in production if overall test coverage falls below 75 %?

2) Considering I'll be able to install the app (w/ or w/o turnarounds), what could be the potential impact when I've codes to deploy in future. How can I take care of overall test coverage?

Thanks

jkucerajkucera

Hi Sandie - there are a few ways to get around the validation rule-->test failures issue:

- Temporarily disable the validation rules, install the app, then enable the rules again

- Install & ignore apex test failures - I believe this will still allow install even if below 75%

The Apex team recognizes this problem and I've heard rumblings of "don't run tests on install" feature to mitigate it for certain apps like mine that need to create dummy data for tests.

2) I'm not really sure how code coverage works once an app is installed so I can't talk to it much, but I think you're right in that you may have problems with other installs. 

A more involved workaround is to use the unmanaged package and changing the tests to handle your validation rules, but the unmanaged app is a few versions behind the managed package and I had a lot of problems trying to use gitHub with eclipse due to folder naming issues so I wasn't able to keep that version up to date.