function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoeK.ax278JoeK.ax278 

System problems with stateful, batchable Apex?

On at least two different occassions I've seen sporadic errors running stateful, batchable Apex jobs.   Yesterday I was able to observe the problem in debug logs in my dev org.  

The errors I've seen so far, have included:

* Unable to write to any FileForce Server within the specified timeout

* Unable to fetch <<long key containing pathname and three different SFID's>> from any FileForceServer

* Read Timed Out

I have a screen shot of the debug log listing showing error batches mixed with successful batches and screen shots of a sampling of the logs for error batches.

Today the code has been running error-free in my dev org.

Thanks for your help,

Think & Enjoy -- Joe Krutulis

Message Edited by JoeK on 11-13-2009 03:53 PM
sornasorna

Hi,

While running the test method for the batch apex class, I am facing the error: Unable to write to Fileforce server within specified timeout .

The functionality is working fine and this error appears only in the test methods. What is the reason for this error?

Please help me out in this.

JoeK.ax278JoeK.ax278

Hello,

I have continued to receive this and other similar errors and have no information yet on why this is so.  These errors have been sporadic for me -- sometimes the class works fine, sometimes I see an error or two, and sometimes every single batch in the job fails.  The errors seem to be most easily triggered on tapp0 cluster -- but this might be coincidental. Diagnostic information is not easily available.

So far all my occurrences of the errors have been with stateful batchable interface running on a custom iterator.  The errors I have seen have *not* been on test methods.

I've built some classes that I believe recreate the errors under more controlled circumstances, and am getting ready to submit these to salesforce.

Think & Enjoy -- JoeK

Message Edited by JoeK on 12-01-2009 11:43 AM
Message Edited by JoeK on 12-01-2009 11:43 AM
JoeK.ax278JoeK.ax278
I just spoke with developer support.  These errors are related to a known issue.  T&E -- JoeK
sornasorna

thanks Joek, if you have any more updates on this, please let me know.

And today morning when I run the same test class it was not showing the error and it is working fine. I dont know how it happened.

JoeK.ax278JoeK.ax278

Hello, Sorna,

Thanks for the update. According to Developer Support, SF installed a patch last night that is expected to correct at least some of these problems -- so your news is good news indeed!  

I will be running my own test cases later today and will report back on the results.

T&E --JoeK