function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
raj161raj161 

Data loader batch configuration

Hi,

I am trying to run data loader from command prompt. I am having issue setting up the Password(Proxy and sfdc password). 

In the process-conf.xml I am trying to specify two passwords. One of the password is getting an error as "sfdc.password of type: java.lang.string". Even after encrypting the password I am not what is causing the error.

Could some one let me know how to run an data loader from the command prompt specifying both proxy information and SFDC login information.

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

I am running the Data Loader command prompt just by specifying the ProxyHost inside my company network!

DId you try specifying just this without proxyUsername/password?

Cool_D

raj161raj161

I tried with out proxy information and I am getting an error saying "407 authentication proxy."

In my case I have to specify the proxy as I do it even with the Data Loader UI. But here I am unable to specify both the passwords.

Thanks for the response.

Okay ... actually if you see carefully, there would be some additional information with the exception that ur getting.

Do you have any special characters in your password? It would specify the characters which caused the exception!

Cool_D

raj161raj161

Ahhh.... It's my fault. I did some thing wrong in generating the password encryption. Now I am able to hit the SFDC from command prompt. I am testing an export of 500 records from an account but its taking too much time to export. I see a log file is being created with huge size.

Does it normally work like this? What would be approximate time to complete a Export transaction of 500 records?

Thanks for your help.

Well ... it all depends on ur n/w speed! 

Generally, this is slower then the UI version of it ... but on an average, it should take around cpl of mins to extract those many records.

How much is it taking 4 u?

Cool_D

raj161raj161

Ahhh... Finally worked out. I did kept debug = true and that's the reason its taking too much time.

Finally ran the data loader from command prompt. 

Need to set this one on scheduling  now...

Thanks for your help.

Raj