function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John L.John L. 

multi-instance pick-lists in a PageBlockTable

I'm having trouble retrieving the value of pick-lists, one per line-item, in a PageBlockTable.

I have been able to display the lists, which then also correctly display the appropriate values from the database.

The user documentation seems vague in this area, specifically in locating any user modifications. My best guess is via a reference such as:

Page.pagename.ulist.users.level.ulvl.getValue() , where "ulist" is the id of the PageBlock, "users" is the id of the PageBlockTable,  "level" is the id of the SelectList, and "ulvl" is the id of the SelectOptions tag. Admittedly, there is no line-item selector in this best guess, and the Apex compiler indicates I have guessed incorrectly.

I had thought the in-storage attribute would be updated (the data from the original SOQL Select that determined the initial value), however that was not the case.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
John L.John L.

This discussion has been moved to the VisualForce Development board. A thourough discussion can be found by following this URL

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=13189#M13189