function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FinnArildFinnArild 

MIXED_DML_OPERATION messing up my test

So - I'm running into one of those cases where my logic and class works fine, but the test gives me grief - I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing that from time to time.

Anyway - the code and test is in here:

http://pastebin.com/m3ac3e655

This messes up my test thusly:

System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 005R0000000RjIfIAK; first error: MIXED_DML_OPERATION, DML operation on setup object is not permitted after you have updated a non-setup object (or vice versa): User, original object: Case

I saw some posts mentioning this as a SFDC bug, but I found no workarounds anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
Well, you can't insert a User and a Case (or any other normal object really) in the same operation.  You could move the post-User-creation part of your test to an @future method and then use startTest and stopTest to make the @future method execute itself and continue your test.  Or you could pull a user from the existing pool of users in the org.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Well, you can't insert a User and a Case (or any other normal object really) in the same operation.  You could move the post-User-creation part of your test to an @future method and then use startTest and stopTest to make the @future method execute itself and continue your test.  Or you could pull a user from the existing pool of users in the org.
This was selected as the best answer
FinnArildFinnArild
Thanks, I ended up using an existing user.
osamanosaman

There is a work around for that.

If you want to perform two DML operations sequentially, create a seprate method for 2nd DML operation with @future token.

make sure you put System.RunAs() in the method. Your overall method should look like this

private static void myFunc()

{

///1st DML operation

User usr = [Select id from User where Id = :UserInfo.getUserId()];

System.RunAs(usr)

{

Test.startTest();

myFunc2();

Test.stopTest();

}

}

@future

private static void myFunc2()

{

///2nd DML operation

}

Nani44Nani44

Hi Osaman,

Thanks for your post to the above error.