function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
scottyscotty 

Formula to populate multiple values in a single field

I am trying to take values from multiple fields and populate a value in one field.  The goal is to indicate what data sources are populating the account record. My needs are

if only the "AFC_Dealer_ID__c" if not null then populate AFC in the "New Field"

If only the "AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c" if not null then populate "AutoCount" in the "New Field" but if the AFC_Dealer_ID__c  and the AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c are not null populte "AFC, AutoCount" in the "New Field"

The otehr two fields needed are below, but for ease of understanding, i only included two of the fields above. There could be 4 values in the 'New Field"

ADESA_Customer_Number__c if not null equals ADESA

Openlane_Org_ID__c if not null equals OpenLane

RadicalRadical

Hey scotty,

Create a new formula field having some formula like this,

IF(AFC_Dealer_ID__c != null ,'AFC' , '')  & IF(AND(AFC_Dealer_ID__c != null ,AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c != null) ,',' , '')  & IF(AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c != null ,'AutoCount' , '')

Above formula is for 2 fields, you can make it for four too.

Let me know if it proved useful.

Thanks

RAD

scottyscotty
I may have been misleading in my request. The "New Field" which would be labeled "Data Sources" is only one field with multiple values populated based on the values in the four master fields. Frank M. Scott 317-716-7688 ************************************* The information transmitted herewith is confidential and sensitive information intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. ************************************** ************************************* The information transmitted herewith is confidential and sensitive information intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. **************************************
goabhigogoabhigo

I am not sure whether you have tried 'RAD's suggestion, but sometime != null doesn't seem to work (may be you can dig deep into it to find out). 

IF( ! ISBLANK(AFC_Dealer_ID__c),

IF( ! ISBLANK(AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c) , 'AFC, AutoCount', 'AFC'),

IF( ! ISBLANK(AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c) , 'AutoCount', '')

)