function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdirondackKidAdirondackKid 

Current FQ + 30?

Has anyone had an occasion to create an Opportunity-related formula that will allow them to report on the value of Opportunities scheduled to close "Current FQ + 30 Days"? ("Next 120 days" is not what I'm looking for.)

Our chief sales officer likes to look at what is forecast to close (and has already closed) in the current quarter plus 30 days after it ends. This allows him to see what the first month of the next quarter is shaping up to look like and tells him if reps are consistently building next quarter's pipeline in addition to working their closing deals. 

I am in need of a custom field that does this so I can mix the "Amount" of these opportunities with pipeline numbers.

To expand on this:

We currently use two fields to distinguish pipeline from forecast.

Pipeline = Probabilty of 50% or greater

Forecast = Probability of 50% or greater and a custom field (Commit to Forecast) is checked.

I don't mind researching, but am not exactly where to start on this one.

Thanks for any help!

Hargobind_SinghHargobind_Singh
you could first create a formula to give you the current FQ end date, you can check the current month, check which FQ you are in, get the next month (after current fq), create a date for 1st date of next month and then subtract 1 day, to get last date for this FQ, and then add 30 days to it.
Once you have the date, you can then compare it with Close-Date to give you a boolean, and use it in reports...