function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hhasslerhhassler 

Formula Field on Account using Custom Field from Contacts

Hi Force.com -

I've contacted Salesforce customer support to help me with this and I have since been directed here for help.

I am trying to create a new Custom Formula Field at the Account level that is a "SUM" of a custom field at the Contact level.  The custom field on the Contact level is Field Label:  Lead Score and API Name: mkto2__Lead_Score__c.  The goal of the field is to provide a SUM of the lead scores for contacts on an account.

When I go into create the formula field at the Account Level, and click on the "Insert Field" button - contact fields are not available for me to select from to build the formula.  How do I make contact fields available in this picklist?

Thanks! Heidi H. 

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Unfortunately you can't do it with a Formula or a Roll-Up Summary (RUS) field because Accounts and Contacts do not have the relationship required for those fields. 

Which edition of SFDC are you using?

hhasslerhhassler

If that's the case - :(

We use Enterprise edition.

I previously contacted Marketo customer support (it's their custom field) and they said "you will need to use custom Roll-Up Summary fields which use the existing Master-Detail relationship between your Contact/Account objects"  I tried Roll-Up Summary  Field, but as of now - I can only access Opportunities as objects there.  Is there a way to make contact fields available for this type of field?

Salesforce Customer Support re-directed me from using Roll-Up Summary field to just the Formula field and sent me to you to ask how to access the Contact fields to build the formula at the Account Level. 

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Whoever told you to use an Account-Contact RUS Field doesn't know what they're talking about (Accounts and Contacts don't have the M-D relationship required for a RUS).  So next time you talk to that person, give them this face :-/

Okay I can't promise anything, but let me see what I can come up with.

hhasslerhhassler

Thanks, Steve for looking into.  If we're not able to accomplish this type of RUS or Formaul Field through Accounts/Contants -- my main goal is that I'm looking for a way to prioritize accounts in SFDC, any suggestions?

ChristiChristi
I know this is an old thread but I'm curious if you ever solved this issue? I'm trying to do the same thing. I know engagio can do this if all else fails but for now I'm interested in seeing if this can be done with a formula field.