function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RejonesRejones 

Email Alert with Workflow to Manager and Owner

I built a workflow the sends an email alert to the lead owner when the status is Open and the Last Modified is greater then 2 days. In the workflow I have an email alert that goes to the lead owner.  I want an email to also go to the lead owners manager.

How would I do this?

phiberoptikphiberoptik

You wont be able to do this with standard workflow rules. There is an Idea worth promoting though:

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000JnGX

You could, however, create a Lookup Relationship field on the object, related to the User object, but then someone would manually have to update this field to include the correct manager for the record Owner. Or one step further, you could use an Apex trigger to dynamically populate the field with the Record Owner's Manager, then as a Related User, this field should be available for Email Alerts. I have not tested this but it should work.

sfdcttslsfdcttsl

If using the lookup field crosses your object limit please try using this.

Create a custom Email field which is invisible to users and update it with the managers name through apex trigger.So whenever a manager changes the field will be updated.Use this field in Workflow Email alert.This will be visible in Email fields while sending the email alert.