function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
roysmith601.3493067652527424E1roysmith601.3493067652527424E1 

"New" button on Account object restrict record creation for specific profile?

Hi, 
I am new to salesforce and i have requirment that only current profiles can crate new account record. Example; If i have profile = Test and i want to create new Account on account object then if test profile dont have permission to create new Account then as soon i try to click to "New" button then massage should dsiplay that " you dont have permission to create new account record".
but if i have profile = Admin then becasue admin have permission to create account then he/she should be able to create new account.

I want the functionality that as soon people who have dont  access to create new account, when they click on "New"  Button on account object then erro should  popup saying that you dont have permission to create new account.
I am not sure that how can i fulfill this requrment or what steps should i need to take.
Please help me 
thanks

phiberoptikphiberoptik

Why not just remove the Create permission from Accounts on the Profiles you do not want to have access to creating Accounts? This way they dont even have access to the "New" button.

roysmith601.3493067652527424E1roysmith601.3493067652527424E1

Thanks fopr your reply but I dont want to remove the  "New" button for profile but i want some knid of functionality that if someone  have a profile with no access to create new account then it when user click on  "New" button then it should display a error that "you dont have permission". I create validation rule for this but that only work when you try to save the record so this means that user still have to input some data in account ecord and which i dont want.

thsi is validation rule:

AND(
ISNEW(),
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator",
$Profile.Name <> "DP&S: Business Admin"
)

any idea?

thanks

phiberoptikphiberoptik

Validation Rules do not pertain to buttons, so you cannot use them in this case.

I still do not understand why you want them to have access to the New button but not be able to use it. It is like giving them a piece of cake and telling them they cannot eat it.

But in order to get close to what you want, you are going to have to replace the New button with a custom button and use javascript to produce a message. This link might help you:

http://success.salesforce.com/questionDetail?qId=a1X30000000HhzjEAC