function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LisaClLisaCl 

Formula to generate task one year after "Effective Date"

Hi all, 

Need a bit of help this morning. I am trying to create a formula that will generate a task one year after the "Effective Date" (Type: Date) of the record.

I tried using this formula that I found posted on this board but I get the error message that "Error: Formula result is data type (Date), incompatible with expected data type (true or false)"

DATE(
YEAR ( Effective_Date__c ) + (FLOOR((TODAY() - Effective_Date__c) / 365) + 1),
MONTH(Effective_Date__c),
IF(AND(DAY(Effective_Date__c) = 29,MONTH(Effective_Date__c ) = 02) , 28, DAY(Effective_Date__c)))

Suggestions appreciated! 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
phiberoptikphiberoptik

Are you using EE or UE? Are you using a workflow rule or trying to do this somehow using a formula field?

Also, do you want the Task to be assigned and DUE a year from Effective Date or do you just want it created a year later? I am assuming this is a task that is due a year later and not necessarily assigned a year later.

The correct way to do this would be to create a workflow rule on the object which the Effective Date field is on.

Evaluation Criteria: created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

Run Criteria: Effective Date is not equal to __________ [blank]

Workflow Action (New Task): Set the Due Date to Effective Date + 365 Days

All Answers

phiberoptikphiberoptik

Are you using EE or UE? Are you using a workflow rule or trying to do this somehow using a formula field?

Also, do you want the Task to be assigned and DUE a year from Effective Date or do you just want it created a year later? I am assuming this is a task that is due a year later and not necessarily assigned a year later.

The correct way to do this would be to create a workflow rule on the object which the Effective Date field is on.

Evaluation Criteria: created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

Run Criteria: Effective Date is not equal to __________ [blank]

Workflow Action (New Task): Set the Due Date to Effective Date + 365 Days

This was selected as the best answer
LisaClLisaCl

Thanks for your help!