function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hkp716hkp716 

Workflow Rule

This workflow should fire after 2 days.  Its been 2 days and hasnt worked yet.  Anyone see any errors i may have overlooked?

AND(Ceiling(Today() - LastActivityDate ) = 2,Ceiling(Today() - DateValue(LastModifiedDate)) = 2, $RecordType.Name ='Contract/Direct Customer', IsConverted =FALSE, OR(ISPICKVAL(Status,'Working ASM'),ISPICKVAL(Status,'Contacted'),ISPICKVAL(Status,'Prospecting'),ISPICKVAL(Status,'Qualified'),ISPICKVAL(Status,'Propoal'),ISPICKVAL(Status,'Negotiation'),ISPICKVAL(Status,'Sent to ABD')))

-hkp716

Madhan Raja MMadhan Raja M

Have you used Time-Dependent Workflow?

Madhan Raja M

hkp716hkp716

Madhan Raja M,

Thanks for the response.

Nope just set the the difference equal to 2.   AND(Ceiling(Today() - LastActivityDate ) = 2,Ceiling(Today() - DateValue(LastModifiedDate)) = 2.

I created this WF on the 4th and also created a new record, now its the 6th, but a task has not been assigned so im guesssing the WF did not fire.  Does the Ceiling function make a difference in this formula?

-hkp716

Madhan Raja MMadhan Raja M

I assume that:

1. You have created the workflow to create a task if AND(Ceiling(Today() - LastActivityDate ) = 2,Ceiling(Today() - DateValue(LastModifiedDate)) = 2.

2. You have created a record on 4th but still now no task is created.

The task is not created because today(6th) you have not edited the record  which was created on 4th, only the time based workflow will fire automatically when the condition is true.

3. Does the Ceiling function make a difference in this formula?

NO, both Ceiling(Today() - DateValue(LastModifiedDate)) and Today() - DateValue(LastModifiedDate) will return the number of days.

Madhan Raja M

hkp716hkp716

Yes you're correct.  I wanted the workflow to fire and a task to be created if the record had not been modified or no activity has been logged in 2 days.  Is this the proper formula for this occurence?

Do you recommend using a time-based workflow?

sivaextsivaext

hi

you better use time dependent workflow.

condition: after 2 days of record created date

hkp716hkp716

Hi sivaext,

I did actually change it to a timebased WF but found out you can't convert a lead if its in time based WF queue.  There are 2 ways to workaround the issue.  Override the standard convert button and create a field with a VF page whic removes the record from the queue or use a scheduled apex class.  I used the scheduled apex class.. Testing it now....

Thank for the reply,

-hkp716