function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
essess 

UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW,

UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record:

I am getting the above error message when I am trying to load data through the data loader but in case of UI  I am not having the issue.

I have a trigger on after insert of lead which is trying to update records leads and on that line this error is occuring.

Message Edited by ess on 08-25-2009 06:43 AM
NaishadhNaishadh

I think, answer is in your query only. "lead update trigger internally trying to update lead records" i.e. trigger is trying to update same lead record again and again.

You need to keep track of updated lead records in seperate list to avoid this error.

essess
I am updating it in a seperate list still getting the error.
NaishadhNaishadh
Please post your code.
Volker_factory42Volker_factory42

I also have this issue, but when deploying in our livesystem. It's working fine in Sandbox, Devaccount and other livesstems. I think it is caused by a custom object, but I could not test it exactly. But I get this error when trying to deploy changed objects. 

I also contacted salesforce support, but still without access... :smileyindifferent:

Volker_factory42Volker_factory42

Meanwhile I found a solution to deploy: First Merge Object-files in Eclipse or do updates on objects manualy. (Bad, I know!) Then I can deploy everything but without objects!

So I think this errors is caused by testclasses. Maybe a testclass is running an SFDC is trying to update this object at the same time??

GlennAtAppirioGlennAtAppirio

Please see http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/UNABLE-TO-LOCK-ROW-error-during-deployment-SFDC-bug/td-p/208792 for the solution to UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW errors during deployment.