function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JuliusGJuliusG 

Enable accounts for partner portal after migration

Hi,

Currently I'm planning a migration into Salesforce, including partner portal. Averything around the portal setup is clear and I can create new portal user manually.

In preparation for the big data load where I will need to activate a few hundred partner (and activate a few hundred users in a 2nd step), I facing the problem that nobody wants to do this manually ;-)

Since I don't want to do this by hand as well, I'd like to automate the mechanism on the account: "Work with portal" --> "enable Partner"

This action calls the following link: 

https://cs3.salesforce.com/ui/prm/PRMAccountPage/e?save=1&retURL=<SF-ID>&id=<SF-ID>

I tried to bypass this by using the dataloader (update the field IsPartner=true), but this is not good enough...

Any tips appreciated

Julius

Message Edited by JuliusG on 03-17-2010 10:37 AM
vabvab

Hi Julius,

I am also looking out for similiar solution. Did you found any solution for your problem?

If yes Can you please share it?

Thanks in Advance.

Vab

JuliusGJuliusG

Hi Vab,

found kind of solution. We're using Informatica on demand  as a data loading tool. This way it was possible to update the relevant fields (IsPartner & Status) of the partner record. Perhaps it's doable via the SFDC-data loader, but I'm not using it...

Hope that helps

Julius

vabvab

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you please elaborate the SFDC-data loader approach?

Also,

When you set the IsPartner value to true via Informatica OnDemand, were the accounts enabled as partner Account ?

Basically you dont see the "Work With Portal" -- > "Enable as Partner" option on the account detail page. Right ?

Thanks,

Vaibhav 

Message Edited by vab on 03-30-2010 03:04 AM