function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
manojjain4328manojjain4328 

How to hide source code from normal users

Hello all,

We have writing an application where client has also requested us to provide with User level access to the application. However, they are also able to access the source code of the apex classes, visual force pages, etc. They are only able to view and NOT edit/modify. But we intent to even disable access to View these apex classes for non System Admins. How do we disable them access to these source code?  

Thanks,

Sagar 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
paul-lmipaul-lmi
what do you mean by "user level access" to the application?  viewing the source of apex/vf is controlled by the "view setup information" permission on the profile.  it's generally not good security practice to give regular users this permission, since it just gives them access to touch things they shoudln't.  is this what you're talking about?

All Answers

paul-lmipaul-lmi
what do you mean by "user level access" to the application?  viewing the source of apex/vf is controlled by the "view setup information" permission on the profile.  it's generally not good security practice to give regular users this permission, since it just gives them access to touch things they shoudln't.  is this what you're talking about?
This was selected as the best answer
EnthEnth

If your users have Edit HTML Template permission they, unfortunately, will also get access to view the configuration and Apex code for non-managed package code. Paul is right above, if you can switch off View Setup & Configuration in the user Profiles then do so.

Failing that, if you create your application as a managed package they will NOT (in fact no-one) connected to the Org where that is deployed will be able to see the Apex code. They WILL be able to see Visualforce Pages and Components, but this should not be a big deal.

Message Edited by Enth on 28-03-2010 05:27 PM
arupananda swainarupananda swain
Hi Enth/Paul, Can you please suggest how to hide source code or devloper tool in SFDC. please suggest me step by step so it will be helpful for me because I am new to this. thank you in advance.