function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PrazPraz 

SFDC instance to Apps automatic data-transfer

Hi,

I would like to create a Apps from my existing SFDC instance with all the customized objects. My requirement is once the customer installs my Apps and eventime he opens it there should be an automatic data fed by getting transferred from the original SFDC instance to the Apps instance automatically...

Can it be done? If yes please tell me how we can do it?

cheers

Praz

PrazPraz
can it be done through web services? if yes can someone tell me how can use webservices for intra-application different instances?
dev_smiledev_smile

I am also facing this issue.

There is some data which has to exist in the application when giving to a customer.

A CSV file has to be prepared with Id's copied for foreign keys.

Is there any solution for this.

Thanks in advance,

Smile

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

what you want is perhaps a synchronization of schema or database from parent org to destination org. This can be
achieved by a third party tool written in dot net, php, etc using the metadata API.

The tool will using the metadata API read the 2 org's meta data, and arrive at the list of differences between the two, and using metadata the missing things can be created.

We have worked on an Org Comparison Tool using metadata API it finds the schema wide differences between two orgs.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.