function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
afleetwoodafleetwood 

Link a Custom Button on Lead Record to Custom Email template

We have created a custom button on the Lead record to be able to easily send Lead information to non-salesforce users/Partners.  Where do I locate the link to the new email template so that I can link it to the custom button?

Suresh RaghuramSuresh Raghuram

Go to setUp -> Email -> My Templates

If this answers your question make this as a solution

afleetwoodafleetwood

That link would only take me to the screen where the template format is stored, not open the template for use.

AroraAnupAroraAnup

In the custom button that you created, I am assuming you have a URL underneath. With this URL, you also need to add the template id. We had a similar requirement in the past and this is what we did for it:

location.replace('_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={!Opportunity.Primary_ContactId__c}&rtype=003&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&rtype=003&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&template_id=00XA0000000Dv41') 

Here, from the Opportunity, we had to send an email to the Primary Contact on the Opportunity (custom field) using a specific template.

I believe you would need to do a similar solution on the custom button on Lead to be able to auto-select a template while sending the email.

Let me know if this helps! Do click on Kudos if this solves your problem!

LankyLanky
How do I get this to work with leads and their emails?

I tried the following

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&p3_lkid={!Lead.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Lead.Email}&template_id=00Xb0000000YowE');

And I get this error when trying to use the button

"Unable to Access Page
The value of the "p3_lkid" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information."