function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sclosesclose 

Workflow triggers when field changes

Hi,

I am attemting to create a workflow.  I have a custom object created and on the record I have a custom field named Bid Date. When this field is changed I want the record owner to be alerted. Any ideas?

Thanks,
SC

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
T-HanT-Han

nbk gave you the answer. Always mark the question resolved, so that ppl can find your post useful..

Just to support nbk's answer.

Create> WF Rule> Select Custom obj from the list> "Select - Criteria as <<created, and every time it’s edited>>" - this is fr when ever the field is changed.

In the Rule Criteria - "Select your custom field  - NOT EQUALS - leave the value field empty'

Save it.

WF Action - Select edit and add an email. But, for this you must hv created an email template before. In ' My Email templates'  > New template > make your choice and create one. Text, VF etc,.

Finally, for the WF to work - u need to Activate the WF rule. And you are set..

All Answers

Suresh RaghuramSuresh Raghuram

you can do it by sending an email alert through work flow when the field changes.

sclosesclose

How do I get the workflow to work or create? Like when the field is updated. 

nbknbk

Hello,

After creating workflow rule you will get Email Alert screen. The Email alert create section you can choose the object name which you used while creating workflow rule(ex:Account).

Ex: The Recipients field - supplier owner field

create one sample email template and attached to workflow rule.

whenever the field is changed the workflow rule executed and generate to email.

T-HanT-Han

nbk gave you the answer. Always mark the question resolved, so that ppl can find your post useful..

Just to support nbk's answer.

Create> WF Rule> Select Custom obj from the list> "Select - Criteria as <<created, and every time it’s edited>>" - this is fr when ever the field is changed.

In the Rule Criteria - "Select your custom field  - NOT EQUALS - leave the value field empty'

Save it.

WF Action - Select edit and add an email. But, for this you must hv created an email template before. In ' My Email templates'  > New template > make your choice and create one. Text, VF etc,.

Finally, for the WF to work - u need to Activate the WF rule. And you are set..

This was selected as the best answer
sclosesclose
Thanks
sclosesclose

Hi T-Han,

Thank you for answering my question. I have one more that is part of this workflow. The workflow sends the alert either email or creates a task when a record is only "created or edited". I want a workflow or something similar that when a field (could be more then one on a record) changes or is edited then that workflow is triggered. 

We have a utility outside of Salesforce that uploads to the API and creates new project records. These records can be new or  existing records (from a previous upload) has changed. I only want to trigger this workflow when an existing record/field has changed. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
SC

T-HanT-Han

SC,

Right now it should behave the way you are insisting here. "Created/Edited" - means that it corresponds to the field(s) inside that record - asso. with the obj. 

Thoughts:

CLONE the same WF or EDIT the existing one.. If the fields in the records are less then you can specify the Formula as ISCHANGE(Field name) for every field and subsequently change the whole WF to "Create/Edit/ Meet the criteria - option".

But, techinically your WF should work this way...

Lemme know..

sclosesclose
I will try, thank you.

--

*Shawn Close *
** Direct: *(702) 657-3607*

*JENSEN PRECAST *
3853 Losee Road - North Las Vegas NV, 89030-3326
*(702) 649-0045* - FAX: (702) 649-2243

Website
V-Card

*Confidentiality Notice*
The information contained in this email message and attached thereto is
legally privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that
any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email is prohibited. If you
have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by reply
email and delete this message and any attachments.