function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
padminipadmini 

Formula field depend upon key value

we have one standard object Account and custom object territory mapping. In territory mapping object contains two fields postcode and territory. In Account object i have postcode. Account postcode is key.By using this key i have to display territory value in territory formula field in Account.Depend upon Account object postcode the territory formula field should be populated. The territory formula field value should be matched the territory field in territory mapping object.Please help this issue.

Chris760Chris760

Sorry, I tried to read that 4 times, and fell asleep halfway through every time.  You're trying to do what now?  Display the postal code field of a child record on the parent record, if the parent record postal code field is blank?  Like I said, I kind of zoned out each time I read that, so if you could take another stab at explaining what exactly your "goal" is, that would be helpful. :)

sliptonslipton

Reads to me like he has a mapping object that contains a postcode and a territory.

On the account object he wants to populate the postcode manually and then have a field (formula field or otherwise) auto populate the territory by referencing the mapping object.

Sounds like triggers will be required.