function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JSksaJSksa 

Formula for case updates workflow

Ok i could use some help!

We use self service in our organization for customers to work/communicate with support via cases. 
When those users update cases to communicate with our support reps, they update the case comments directly in the case. 

I want to create a workflow that notifies the support manager when a case has not been updated by one of her reps in 48 hours. I found a workflow that notifies her when the case is untouched for 48 hours but no other filters.

She wants to know when the case has not been updated by the rep in 48 hours. Meaning, the case was last updated by the customer then 48 hours goes by with no comment by an internal rep. How do i modify this formula for the workflow to basically run only when the case has not been touched by the Case owner (internal user) for 48 hours.  

(NOW() -   Last_Case_Update_Time__c  ) > 2

this is a time dependent workflow. 

Thanks for your help! 

Marko LamotMarko Lamot

Hello,

To do that you need Last_Case_Updat_BY_CUSTOMER_Time field on case. So the field where you will put the date of last_customer_comment.

You would then use the same workflow rule, however offset related to field  Last_Case_Update_BY_CUSTOMER_Time.

Namely, you can't use time-dependt workflow rules to set time in a "formula" manner.

Of course, now the question is how to fill the  Last_Case_Update_BY_CUSTOMER_Time.

This you can not do with workflow rule, as you can not set this field from the "case comment" workflow rule. 

So you have to do it via apex trigger, where you will check if new case comment is from selfservice portal user and - if yes - then set  Last_Case_Update_BY_CUSTOMER_Time