function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
knichols3535knichols3535 

In case you missed it!

Summer '13 has a long awaited feature of mine - Cross-Object Owner Formulas.  As a developer, I can't count the number of times that I have written a trigger on objects for clients to populate a custom user lookup so they could use it in formula fields.  Almost every sObject has the owner field but it's polymorphic, meaning it can point to a queue or user. This presented Salesforce.com with a problem in their data model using formulas.  For instance, if Salesforce.com allowed you to reference Owner.FirstName and the owner was a queue, you would receive a runtime exception. Now there is native support for using cross-object formulas for all Owner fields.  The syntax is slightly different than normal.  For instance, the syntax to show a custom field from the User object would be Owner:User.MyCustomField__c.  You can also determine if the record is owned by a queue in a validation rule ISBLANK(Owner:User.Id). 

What new features are you excited about in the upcoming release?

MellowRenMellowRen

Actually, I did miss that! I am going to be able to remove/reduce a number of triggers. Thanks for that.

Got to check out Workflows as well.

knichols3535knichols3535

I know, it's a great feature without much in the docs!

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Great. 

There are 90 features are added in this summer'13 release

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_summer13_release_notes.pdf

puneet28puneet28

Yes that is great!!

I have actually written a trigger for similar requirement.

Thanks to Salesforce, triggers wont be required anymore. :)

Talking about new feature related to formula, have you noticed that now we can have formula return type as CHECKBOX :)

Well done Salesforce! :)

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I have covered it up