function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AvLavAvLav 

How can I use the query of a view?

Hi!

Can I find somewhere the query of a view? I wan to use this query in my apex code.  Please don't say: use enhanced list, because I need to use differently the list.

Thanks,

Adam

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I didn't fully understand your question , are you suggesting that you wish to know the query which brings the data for any particular view? In case yes , won't you be able to contruct it by seeing the cvolumns beings being displayed in and the type of resultset will give you insight into the filter condition and batch size too.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

AvLavAvLav

Thanks for the reply.

But I change my mind. Now I want to use the value of the enhanced list, if it is possible. If a checked a row I want to save to another list. Can I get the value of the enhanced list?

SathyaincampusSathyaincampus

Hi Ispita Saha,

Even i have the same question. can you pls provide a sample query SOQL. I need to do that from c# thru api.

is there a method like describelayout to access these list views.?

I have posted my question in detail here : http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/How-to-query-the-list-view-and-field-names-in-that-using-api-c/td-p/230515

Please help....

regards

sathya