function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
steven75steven75 

Eclipse not display value for relationship column

Hi,

In Eclipse, I select SalesForce.Schema and it has a place where I can put a query and hit Run Me to execute it.  After I execute the query below.   I get the result back with all the columns except column number 5 (Account).   This column is a child column of Opportunity (Opportunity.Account.Name).   All it shows in this column is "Account" value instead of the actual account.  However, when I double-click in each row of Account column, it will pop up a small window "Lookup for Account" and it shows an actual account Name.   Is there a way to make Column Account list the actual account name instead of double-click to show the actual name?   

select name, Amount, ExpectedRevenue,  closedate, Opportunity.Account.Name from Opportunity

Thanks,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

No there is no way to display  Oppotunity.Account.name  column the way u want, this is how the ecllipse IDE behaves.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

No there is no way to display  Oppotunity.Account.name  column the way u want, this is how the ecllipse IDE behaves.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

This was selected as the best answer
WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

You could use anonymous blocks, and execute the code on the fly like e.g.

List<Opportunity> opps = [select name, Amount, ExpectedRevenue,  closedate, Opportunity.Account.Name from Opportunity];
System.debug(opps)

I usually use the schema to investigate the structure, and then the 'Execute Anonymous' window in Apex to inspect the data.

Cheers,

Wes

steven75steven75

Thanks Guys,