function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nicownicow 

ORG locked - Apex Classes and Triggers can't create, edit and save _ Strange Error

When trying to edit any existing apex class I get an error message in eclipse: 

"Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 4%, at least 75% test coverage is required - line 1 Force.com code coverage warning"

This prevents me from saving and including any code coverage. So the ORG is locked. I can't do anything about it, I can't save anything, even code coverage code to solve this error.

Eclipse SDK 
v: 3.4.0
Build id: I20080617-2000 

Force.com IDE
v: Summer '09 (16.0.0) 

Trying to do it directly in the org (Setup > Develop > Apex Classes) I don't have the Edit | Del buttons, just the WSDL | Security ones. 

So I am completely locked, I can't do anything in the org. Is there a way to unlock it? Has this happened to someone before? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JimRaeJimRae

Sounds like you are trying to make the changes directly to a production org, which is not allowed.

You need to create or update your testcases in a development org or sandbox, and then deploy it to production.

All Answers

JimRaeJimRae

Sounds like you are trying to make the changes directly to a production org, which is not allowed.

You need to create or update your testcases in a development org or sandbox, and then deploy it to production.

This was selected as the best answer
nicownicow
Thanks! that solved it