function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rohit.maratherohit.marathe 

Help with Invalid SObject Type

Hi  All I am Getting Following Error when try to access custom object in flex . if any bod knows please reply me as soon as possible.

Fault from operation: (com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  detail = (Object)#1
    fault = (Object)#2
      column = -1
      exceptionCode = "INVALID_TYPE"
      exceptionMessage = "sObject type 'npe5__Affiliation__c' is not supported."
      row = -1
      xsi:type = "sf:InvalidSObjectFault"
  faultcode = "sf:INVALID_TYPE"
  faultstring = "INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'npe5__Affiliation__c' is not supported."

visulaforcevisulaforce
I think this error is bcos of namespace prefix "npe5" which is being added before ojcet name "npe5__Affiliation__c".
rohit.maratherohit.marathe

Even though i have created new object  which is not managed called  "Affliations__c" but is giving same error. 

jeffdonthemic2jeffdonthemic2

You might want to check and see if the object is still in development and that your profile has access to it. 

Jeff Douglas
Appirio, Inc.
http://blog.jeffdouglas.com 

sans77sans77

we are facing same issue on junction object..when we try same with simple object it works but otherwise fails... i checked all the permission all looks ok....

SuperfellSuperfell

You should check the API version that you're using, IIRC, junction objects require API v13 or later.

vanessenvanessen

Thanks Simon, it was this. For my case i was retrieving a list of object from javascript button on standard page, as the object was a junction object and i was using version 10 in my code (sample from salesforce), i was generating error. After swapping to version 13 e.g {!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")} , it works.