function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DataDarling80DataDarling80 

Dreamforce mention of Wizdl

What is it, why would I need it as a beginning developer, where do I get it for Salesforce instances?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

A WSDL is a XML file that defines the structure and endpoint for webservice method calls. You need this file if you are going to access the Salesforce schema, metadata, and data from outside of salesforce e.g. using another platform like Java.

You can find the WSDLs under Setup > Developer > API. There are tool for most platforms that will automatically generate the code you need (from the WSDL) to communicate with salesforce through their API.

Wes 

Message Edited by weznolte on 12-29-2009 03:59 PM

All Answers

WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

A WSDL is a XML file that defines the structure and endpoint for webservice method calls. You need this file if you are going to access the Salesforce schema, metadata, and data from outside of salesforce e.g. using another platform like Java.

You can find the WSDLs under Setup > Developer > API. There are tool for most platforms that will automatically generate the code you need (from the WSDL) to communicate with salesforce through their API.

Wes 

Message Edited by weznolte on 12-29-2009 03:59 PM
This was selected as the best answer
AshyAshy

hi,

can you help me out with this error im totally  struck

pls help  its very urgent

thanx 

Ashy

Apex Generation FailedUnsupported schema type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}ID