function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alphacapalphacap 

Error parsing WSDL with Wsdl2Apex

We're trying to import this WSDL from Clickatell into our Force.com development org:

http://api.clickatell.com/soap/webservice.php?WSDL

and we're getting this error:

Error: Failed to parse wsdl: attribute name can not be null at: 11:76

Anything we can do to get the WSDL to parse into Apex code without doing it all by hand?

paul-lmipaul-lmi
finding a WSDL that Wsdl2Apex works with seemlessly is a rarity.  I've done about 8 different API integrations with SF, and only one of their WSDL's worked via the SF importer.  You can try downloading the XML, editing the "broken" parts, and uploading until you get it to work, but you risk breaking functionality/interaction with the API to be accessed.  You shouldn't need to do any API integration manually, but the Wsdl2Apex functionality is far from feature complete.  Example, I've tried using Wsdl2Apex with 4 different .NET based API's, and none of them worked until I manually edited or removed the things it complained about.  it's kind of sad, because if SF spent some more time improving the success rate of this feature, they'd guarantee even more adoption and slicker integration apps on the AppExchange by lowering the bar to entry.
alwysthknalwysthkn

Paul - Since you have done this before, would you consider "fixing" my WSDL of choice?

NeuNet