function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JPClark2JPClark2 

SalesForce to SalesForce to send Documents

I want to be able to publish an object with an attechment via SalesForce to SalesForce.

When it is recieved by a subscriber, then the attachement needs to be moved to a documents folder, or optionally a communications template folder. I am hoping that we can do this via a trigger.

Has anyone attempted something like this? Trying to get some ideas what is possible in S2S.

Jeff

wjmoxleywjmoxley

You can definitely share the attachment on the object with Salesforce to Salesforce.  The part that is hard is moving it to a document.  

You can't write triggers on the "Attachment" object.  So you would need to write a trigger on the parent object and get that to copy the document to an attachment.  The problem will be identifying the right event to cause the trigger.  It is very likely that the parent object will get inserted and then the child after so if you put a trigger on the parent the attachment won't yet exist.  You'll need to experiment but I think this is going to be tough.

Will MoxleyWill Moxley

I found this posting that might help you...but I'm not sure if it's relevant.

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&message.id=23174