function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LeonardLeonard 

Can I put a custom trigger on a Note?

I don't see Notes in the Customize menu and I need to add a trigger to a Note object. How can I do it?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

No, via the Force.com IDE, you can create a trigger that is fired before/after update/insert etc of a Note like all the other standard objects.  Its just not available via the web site (like Attachments).

All Answers

ahab1372ahab1372

as far as I know, you cannot. There is nothing configurable about Notes and attachments (unfortunately)

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can do this through the Force.com IDE - Note is one of the available objects when creating a trigger.

LeonardLeonard

How can I access it in a Trigger? It sounds like you're saying I'd write the Trigger on the custom object and somehow tap inspect to see if a Note is being generated.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

No, via the Force.com IDE, you can create a trigger that is fired before/after update/insert etc of a Note like all the other standard objects.  Its just not available via the web site (like Attachments).

This was selected as the best answer
ahab1372ahab1372

that's interesting news for me. Thanks bob_buzzard!

mmrrmmrr

I am not able to find Note even in eclipse.

While trying to create a new trigger, I am not getting 'Note' as an sObject to select.

Even if I try to add/remove components, I am not able to see Note.  Please help me in writting trigger on Note

Thanks in advance.