function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
incuGuSincuGuS 

how to create a Email address for a Email service programatically?

Hello community,

Does anyone know if its possible or how to create a Email address for a Email service programatically?

Thanks,

Gaston.

Sanchit SinghalSanchit Singhal

Hi

SFDC presently does not allow any DML activity on 'EmailServicesAddress' object.

So i guess you will have to generate the email addresses through declarative setup only.

Regards

narenbab@yahoo.comnarenbab@yahoo.com

Hi,

Did you find any way of programatically creating the eMail addresses for an eMail Service?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

You can't perform a DML operation on the 'EmailServicesAddress' object via Apex, but that object does seem to support a 'create' call in the SOAP API. I therefore believe that you should be able to create a new Email Address and associate it with an existing Email Service by invoking the SOAP API from an external program (Java, .NET etc.). Note that Salesforce will always assign the email address - you don't get to pick the incoming email address. 

Hi There,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, i am aware that eMail address can not be picked and Salesforce automatically generates that. But atleast we have control on initila portion of the eMail address that is user defined.

Another follow up question: Where can i refer what objects have "Creat All" or not using SOAP API? Cna you please point me to any documentation around this.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Naren

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

The Web Services API documentation includes which operations a particular object supports. For e.g. for the EmailServicesAddress object, you can find the supported operation like 'create', 'delete', 'query' etc by looking in the 'Supported Calls' section -   http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_emailservicesaddress.htm Hope this helps...

Thanks a lot for your help.

-Naren