function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
b.gonzalezb.gonzalez 

How do I create a workflow formula which will create a 'alert' or message in the UI to the user?

How do I create a workflow formula which will create a 'alert' or 'message' in the UI to the user when they enter text in a particular field?

If Feature_Description_c contains 'text' then the folllowing alert or message: 'To complete request, click on Submit for Approval button display in the Approval History section on the detail page  ( wihich will appear to the user in the UI (on the edit page layout).

I am new to creating workflow formulas and appreciate the help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Workflows only fire on save.

The other would be a validation rule, but they only prevent saves if requirements are not met.

However I thought there was something in the approval process that would mandate it to be submitted if certain requirements were meet on the record.

PB

All Answers

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Workflows only fire on save.

The other would be a validation rule, but they only prevent saves if requirements are not met.

However I thought there was something in the approval process that would mandate it to be submitted if certain requirements were meet on the record.

PB

This was selected as the best answer
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Yes, go ahead and create the approval process and you can set criteria to have it automatically go into the approval process if field X = blank or a specific text.

PB