function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ArrowArrow 

Using Eclipse / ForceIDE to save Sandbox Classes & Pages

I would like to refresh my Sandbox but before doing so want to save all the Classes and Pages I have been experimenting with.

Would appreciate a high check list of the steps I need to follow to ensure Sandbox classes and pages are securely saved (on a network drive) and how I could later import these into a refreshed Sandbox or Developer Org?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jeffdonthemic2jeffdonthemic2

Arrow,

Luckily the classes and pages are text files so it makes life quite easy. You can simply copy the Eclipse project folder to your network drive. Once you refresh your sandbox, you can either refresh your project from the server or delete the project and create a new one from the refreshed sandbox (I find the second is easier).

When you are ready you can simply copy the Class or Visualforce code files (along with the associated meta.xml files) to your new Eclipse project and save them to the server. Viola!

Another, and possibly better alternative, is to share the project with Subversion or some other VCS and then refresh your sandbox and project. 

You also might want to take a look at the Development Lifecycle Guide for more info.

HTH

Jeff Douglas

Appirio, Inc.

http://blog.jeffdouglas.com

Author: The Salesforce Handbook

All Answers

jeffdonthemic2jeffdonthemic2

Arrow,

Luckily the classes and pages are text files so it makes life quite easy. You can simply copy the Eclipse project folder to your network drive. Once you refresh your sandbox, you can either refresh your project from the server or delete the project and create a new one from the refreshed sandbox (I find the second is easier).

When you are ready you can simply copy the Class or Visualforce code files (along with the associated meta.xml files) to your new Eclipse project and save them to the server. Viola!

Another, and possibly better alternative, is to share the project with Subversion or some other VCS and then refresh your sandbox and project. 

You also might want to take a look at the Development Lifecycle Guide for more info.

HTH

Jeff Douglas

Appirio, Inc.

http://blog.jeffdouglas.com

Author: The Salesforce Handbook

This was selected as the best answer
ArrowArrow

Many thanks for the clear and useful guidance