function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bblaybblay 

Query Not Working...

I have a 'my account' type of page where users can create a profile if they haven't made one already and then if they have created a profile (custom object of mine Member__c) they have the option to update their profile or delete it. 

Currently I have a query (updateP) that will select the logged in user and compare if their first name (which will always be unique in my case) has already been created for a username (Member__c.Name) for a profile and if so it displays a link to update their profile. The trouble I'm having is my other query (editP). I only want the create profile link to be available if the first name has not been used to create a profile username.

I have tried using the != for not equal to for the editP query which is exactly what I'm trying to do but I keep getting a compile error: unexpected token: 'Userinfo.getFirstName' which doesn't make sense to me because the other query displays the right info perfectly on my page...

Does anyone has some ideas as to what I might be doing wrong here? Thank you!!

public class myaccount {

public myaccount() {
    }

public myaccount(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
    }

public String ObjectType { get; set; }
Member__c[] updateP;
Member__c[] editP;
public void initList() {
query();
}
Public PageReference query() {

editP = [SELECT Name FROM Member__c WHERE name != Userinfo.getFirstName()] ;

updateP = [SELECT Name FROM Member__c WHERE name=:Userinfo.getFirstName()] ;

return null;
 }
 public Member__c[] getMember() {
return updateP;

}

public Member__c[] getEdit() {
return editP;

}
}

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bblaybblay

This works great! Thank you. 

Apparently the result of my query wasn't quite what I was thinking I'd get so I'll have to go back and think about it again, but now I know to make sure to add in that colon.

Thanks!

All Answers

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

You're missing the ':' in the SOQL query - it should be

editP = [SELECT Name FROM Member__c WHERE name != :Userinfo.getFirstName()] ;

bblaybblay

This works great! Thank you. 

Apparently the result of my query wasn't quite what I was thinking I'd get so I'll have to go back and think about it again, but now I know to make sure to add in that colon.

Thanks!

This was selected as the best answer