function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AeriesAeries 

Apex Data Loader Account update

Hello,

I'm using the Apex Data Loader (17.0) to load the account table.  I have Sys Admin privilege.  I can't seem to update the OwnerID field though the data loader to an owner other than myself.  No matter what I do, Salesforce sets my ID as the ownerID.  I can change it just fine interactively through the wizard to whatever I want, but I can't seem to do it from inside of the Apex Data Loader.  The OwnerID value I am using in the Data Loader is the ID field that goes with the user I want.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Gloria Lee

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Greg HGreg H

A few guesses:
- Is your profile actually setup to allow for transfer of records and managing all data?
- Is there a workflow rule that is reassigning the records as they are inserted/updated?
- Is there a trigger on Account that would prevent assignment to specified users?

Just some ideas,
-greg

All Answers

Greg HGreg H

A few guesses:
- Is your profile actually setup to allow for transfer of records and managing all data?
- Is there a workflow rule that is reassigning the records as they are inserted/updated?
- Is there a trigger on Account that would prevent assignment to specified users?

Just some ideas,
-greg

This was selected as the best answer
DSIDSI
No triggers or workflow rules set.  Also, I'm pretty sure it is not profiles, since I am able to do what I want through the Accounts tab, just not through Apex 17.0 data loader.  I have submitted a case.  Hopefully I'll get it straightened out.  Thanks for your suggestions.
DSIDSI

Not really sure what happened, but this seems to work now.   If anyone still has the issue, feel free to contact me and we can compare batch files :-)  Best to e-mail me at glee@discoverysolutions.com, as I rarely check this message board (unless I have an issue).